- Fees are strictly payable by the first class of each term unless a payment plan has been arranged. The only exception are students who are trialing classes. They will receive an invoice upon confirmation of their enrolment.
- Failure to pay fees will result in the loss of the enrolment position. If no attempt to pay fees is made, the invoice will be put in the hands of a debt collector. Collection costs will be added to the fees owed.
- Late payments will incur a 10% penalty. (2 weeks overdue)
- There are no refunds for student sickness, injury, students away on holidays or students who decide not to come to class. Students with outstanding fees may be excluded from concerts and exams.
- Enrolment into a class will be on a first come, first served basis. All classes have a maximum capacity. A waiting list is available if you miss out on the first intake.
- Enrolments will automatically roll over each term for the calendar year. If you are not returning next term please notify us prior to the term commencing.
- If a student withdraws from their class mid-term a refund will not be issued.
- If a student has committed to an exam a refund cannot be issued.
- If a commitment has been made to a performance the recital fee must be paid.
- Parents are permitted to observe classes. Please refrain from interrupting and distracting the class.
- Siblings that may be watching the class should also be kept quiet.
Attendance / Make-up Classes
- Commitment is key to each dancers’ long-term success. We encourage students to attend all classes so that they do not get behind when learning syllabus material or choreography.
- Students must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to their lesson starting and be dressed in the correct uniform with hair tied up and away from their face.
- When a class is cancelled by Canterbury Academy of Dance a make-up class will be held on a different day.
- We highly encourage parents or guardians to walk students in and out of the studio.
- No student should leave the studio without a parent or guardian. Students should not wait outside.
- We are very sensitive to our student’s safety; however, we are not responsible for students before or after their class time.
- Dance education requires “hands-on” instruction, as well as verbal instruction.
- Instructors will regularly correct children by touching their arms, legs, feet, hips, back, and head to move them to the correct position.
- Instructors will also verbally correct students during class.
- The students are required to know their exercises and dances and are expected to practice at home.
- All dancers are encouraged to bring a notebook with them to class for any stickers/homework/worksheets/notices they may receive
- Canterbury Academy of Dance is granted permission to take photographs or videos of their students to use in any form of advertising.
- Choreography for all classes, performances, and competitions remains the artistic and intellectual property of Canterbury Academy of Dance and/or syllabus providers.
- Choreography must not be copied or used without prior permission of Canterbury Academy of Dance.
- Students who are no longer training with Canterbury Academy of Dance are not permitted to perform choreography that was created by Canterbury Academy of Dance.
Taking Classes at Other Studios
- Canterbury Academy of Dance is a private dance school. To maintain consistency, for scheduling reasons, and to avoid conflicts of interest we prefer students to attend classes at only Canterbury Academy of Dance.
- If your dancer is attending classes at another studio, please let us know to help us avoid conflicts of interest.
- Our teachers take great care and consideration for each student’s safety. With dance, however, like with any other form of physical activity, the risk of injury is always possible. By reading this statement, the parent/legal guardian acknowledges this risk and does not hold Canterbury Academy of Dance responsible for any injuries or occurrences.
- Our main studio is located in “The Arts Centre”. As this is a historic building, dancers and their families must respect the studio and the common areas that we are permitted to use. You will be held liable for any damage caused by your dancer or those within your party.
- We strive to keep a positive, fun-filled environment for our dancers. If we feel it is necessary. Canterbury Academy of Dance may discontinue/cancel its services at any time to individuals who do not follow this philosophy or who participate in behaviour that is not in our best interest.