We are proud to be located in Christchurch’s historic Arts Centre ‘Te Matatiki Toi Ora’
Our studio is located within the School of Art building. This Gothic Revival-style building opened in 1878 and was originally home to Christchurch Girls’ High School.
Due to an expanding roll, in 1882 the Girls’ High moved to Cranmer Square. Canterbury College’s (now University of Canterbury) School of Art moved into the building
In 1957 the School of Art moved to the new Ilam campus.
We are incredibly proud to be part of this wonderful site, surrounded by so much history, and to be a part of the incredible community which is The Arts Centre